Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Obessession Begins

Since I was a young'un, I've been a big reader. But work and life and all that stuff got in the way, and I could never find enough time to read more than a couple of books a year.

Then, one year ago, I traded in my 8-minute commute for a much longer one. Since I work for a magazine that has an audiobook review section, I started listening to the review copies. Soon, I was addicted to this method of passing the time on the long drive and squeezing in some much-missed reading.

When I tried to search out audiobooks on Amazon, I noticed that most of the reviewers are referring to the print versions of the books. When I wrote reviews on the audiobook versions, the reception was cold.

Okay. So I'll write my own blog where people who are specifically interested in audiobooks can find me.

A bonus of this is that it will help me keep track of the books I've read and my thoughts on them.

Bring on the books ... audio that is.

No comments: